EULAR 2023 | congress bursaries
Every year EULAR awards bursaries to presenting authors of abstracts selected as oral presentation, poster tour and poster view to the EULAR European Congress of Rheumatology to facilitate attendance to the event.
Bursary winners of abstracts selected for oral presentation, poster tour and poster displays will receive:
- complimentary registration to EULAR 2023 Congress, including on-demand access until 31July 2023.
- three nights hotel accommodation (single use) allocated in the EULAR travel bursary hotel.
- a cash amount of EUR 350 for travel and living expenses.
Application terms and conditions:
- Only presenting authors of a submitted abstract may apply for bursary awards.
- Bursary Awards are strictly non-transferrable.
- The applicant must be less than 40 years old. There is no age limit for Health Professionals (HPR) (other than physicians) and PARE/Patients.
- The applicant must not have received full nor partial financial funding from industry sources.
NOTE: If your application is accepted, deadline to confirm the Bursary award is only until 30 March 2023, or else we will give your slot on the waitlisted submitters.
Application documents (to be submitted through the EULAR Congress system - Bursary application module)
- Motivation letter including the reason of application, and how her/his presence at the Congress would particularly benefit her/his professional activity or role.
- CV including the applicant's name, address of affiliation, contact details, date of birth, citizenship, educational background, employment history, and current position. (max. one A4 page)
- Publication list with the most recent research project(s) of the applicant. (max. one A4 page) (does not apply to HPR/PARE bursaries)
Please note that priority is given to accepted abstracts for oral or poster tour presentation. The cash amount of the travel bursary will only be processed and fully paid after the Congress live days, and only to the eligible individual. Our registration team will be checking if the awardee indeed attended the congress in Milan.
Applications should be submitted via the electronic application system.
Please apply for a travel bursary as soon as you have submitted your abstract – but note that this is a separate process and requires a separate application to be made! Application link can be found only in the presenting authors' congress account.
*Deadlines apply at 23.59 CET/CEST!